Policy No.: 1.10
SECTION: Governance and Leadership
New Visions Toronto, (NVT) understands that we need to rely on donations to effectively meet our objectives.
NVT will from time to recognize donors on our website, in our newsletter or other printed materials such as the Annual Report. When requested to do so, NVT will protect the privacy of donors.
NVT will accept the following forms of donations;
- Gifts in Kin
NVT will honour a donor’s request to:
- Limit the frequency of contact
- Receive material and information about NVT in their preferred method (printed, e-mail, telephone call)
- Discontinue contact
- Remain anonymous
NVT will never sell, rent or exchange the donors list.
If a decision is made to share the donors list, NVT will:
- Inform the people and organizations on the list
- Honour any requests to be removed from the list
- Abide by the Canadian Marketing Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
NVT will encourage Planned Gift donors to seek independent advice about their Planned Gift.
NVT will follow Government rules for preparing and issuing Official Tax Receipts for all donations.